Who we are
We are Emolice Group ( Company Number: 12588502 ), with registered offices at 2a Achilles House, Calleva Park, Aldemaston, RG7 8RN. Our website address is: https://emolice.com
Privacy Statement for Emolice Group
Emolice Group (“Emolice”) is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Please read the following privacy statement to understand how your personal information will be treated when you purchase from Emolice, subscribe to our product or marketing updates, speak to a member of our team, or otherwise interact with Emolice
What Personal Information Does Emolice Collect ?
Emolice collects personal information from you when you provide it to us directly, or through your use of our website, for example:
• Information about yourself and the company you work for, when you register for an account with us. This may include your name and contact details, your company name and company details, information about your role in the company, and how you heard about the site.
• Transaction, billing and delivery information if you make a purchase with us.
• Records of your interactions with us, e.g. if you request information via our website or chat facility, ask a technical question, request a quotation or otherwise contact us. Please note that if you telephone us, we may record the call for compliance, quality and staff training purposes.
• If you respond to one of our customer surveys or enter into a competition.
• If you interact with one of our sales engineers, for example via telephone, trade show or customer premises.
• We may also record certain details of how you respond to marketing emails we send you which may also automatically detect whether you have received or opened the email or clicked on a link in our marketing materials. We use this information for our own performance measurement, but also so that we can tailor our promotional messages and advertising to you.
How Does Emolice Use My Personal Information ?
Depending on how your interactions with us, and the permissions you give us, we will use your personal information for the following purposes:
• To fulfil your order and/or provide you with the services you have contracted for.
• To maintain your account with us.
• To manage and respond to any queries or complaints to our sales or customer service teams.
• To personalise our promotional messages and advertising to you. based on your account information, your purchase history and your browsing activity.
• To improve and maintain cable-assembly-solutions.co.uk, and monitor its usage.
• For market research, e.g. we may contact you for feedback about our products and services.
• To send you marketing messages and show you targeted advertising, where we have your consent or are otherwise permitted to do so.
• For security purposes, to investigate fraud and where necessary to protect ourselves and third parties.
• To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
We rely on the following legal bases, under data protection law, to process your personal information:
• Because the processing is necessary to perform a contract with you, or take steps prior to entering into a contract with you (e.g. where you have made a purchase with us, we use your personal data to process the payment and fulfil your order).
• Because it is in the legitimate interests of Emolice and your company, where you are submitting orders on your company’s behalf.
• Because we have obtained your consent (e.g. where you contact us with a query, or if you consent to receive marketing from us).
With Whom Does Emolice Share My Personal Information ?
Emolice needs to share information with certain selected third parties in order to operate our business:
• Service Providers: We provide information to our service providers acting on our behalf (for example to companies that provide digital marketing services like email marketing, statistical analysis, business & operational insight, website optimisation), as well as to those third parties involved in the delivery chain (for example freight forwarders, couriers and delivery companies). On occasion, we also share personal information with our professional and legal advisers.
• Government Authorities: Where you order is due for delivery outside the UK, we may need to share information with customs authorities both in the UK and in the country of destination. We may also share personal information with law enforcement or other governmental authority, e.g. to report a fraud or in response to a lawful request.
• Credit & Fraud Checking: We may share information with credit reference agencies and with third parties engaged in fraud prevention and detection.
Emolice may also disclose personal information in cases where we believe the disclosure is necessary to protect the rights, property or personal safety of Emolice, our customers, employees or the public, or where we are otherwise legally permitted to do so.
Where Does Emolice Store My Personal Information, And How Long For ?
Emolice uses service providers based around the world. Consequently, your personal information may be processed in countries outside of Europe, including in countries where you may have fewer legal rights in respect of your information than you do under local law. If we transfer personal data outside the European Economic Area we will, as required by applicable law, ensure that your privacy rights are adequately protected by appropriate safeguards. Please contact us if you would like more information about these safeguards.
Where we no longer have a need to keep your information, we will delete it. Please note that where you unsubscribe from our marketing communications, we will keep a record of your email address to ensure we do not send you marketing emails in future.
What Does Emolice Do To Protect My Personal Information ?
Eamolice always aim to deliver the highest level of service and security to our customers and our invoicing platform has been selected specifically with security in mind.
In order to ensure the security and protection of your personal details whenever you pay an invoice and submit sensitive information such as credit card number and account details, we use the following security methods:
• Our payment partner utilises 128 bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption – the latest technology to encode and protect your data – which is your guarantee for a safe and secure transaction.
• Our website displays the McAafee Secure Certifications as an indication that the current information will be encrypted and that the site is free from malware, malicious links or phising. This means that your information is protected and safe to submit.
• Sensitive credit card information is not stored on our in-house systems.
How Does Emolice Use My Personal Information For Marketing ?
Unless you have opted-out, if you have previously purchased from us, or otherwise provide consent, Emolice may send you emails or call regarding CAS products and services. In addition, we may occasionally send you direct mail about products that we feel may be of interest to you.
If you no longer want to hear from us, at any time you can:
• Unsubscribe from emails by clicking on the link in each email
• Email us at: [email protected]
How Can I Access, Update, Correct or Delete My Personal Information ?
If you have a query regarding your personal information, please contact us using the details below. Under UK data protection law, you have the right to access (including in a machine-readable format), correct, and request the erasure of your personal data, and Emolice will comply with any requests to exercise these rights in accordance with applicable law. Please be aware, however, that there are a number of limitations to these rights, and there may be circumstances where we are not able to comply with your request.
For questions regarding this privacy notice or how we use your personal data, please click here to see our options of how to get in touch.
Updates to this Privacy Statement
We may change this privacy statement from time to time in order to reflect changes in the law, regulatory guidance or our data privacy practices in compliance with the law. When this happens and where required by law, we will provide you with a new or an updated notice detailing how the use of your personal information is changing and, if necessary, obtain your consent for the further processing.
This Privacy Statement was last updated in June 2020.